About This Tour
Welcome to the GastroClub!
The Gastro-club (that can be enjoyed either in Gastro-enduro or Gastro-Adventure mode) is our jewel of the crown, as we consider the Portuguese gastronomy to be this country’s greatest treasure!
For this reason, Richard, “The Captain” of Jarvis operation in Portugal, has decided to include in our range of activities a special gastronomical weekend program, sharing its focus on providing a perfect riding experience (80% scenic paved roads / 20% easy off-road) but also to take you to the best venues and savor Portuguese dishes that are both unique and truly exceptional... the perfect adventure to be shared with a partner!
Long story short: Two full riding days through the most iconic nearby locations, with a taste of the local cuisine for lunch, and a phenomenal feast Saturday night in one of “The Captains’” favourite venues. These gastro events are held every fortnight at the weekend, Friday to Sunday and the venues will change every 2 months to guarantee or food club never ceases to amaze! You join the club by taking part in your first event, after this you will receive your membership number and receive 5% discount on all subsequent visits.
You will be transferred from Caldas da Rainha or Alcobaça to our Jarvis headquarters (near Alcobaça). Here you will meet the team, your tour guide, your new steed and test the riding gear and take care of the paperwork.
We will then take you to our selected nearby hotel where you can relax and prepare for the upcoming adventure!
After breakfast, we will bring you to the HQ, hop on the bikes and set out to explore the surroundings! Today you will have the opportunity to see the shore and hop on amazing tracks with the most breathtaking views.
By the end of the afternoon, we will be back, in time for a shower and prepare for the night’s feast, this time in the Captain’s favourite Restaurant: “O Castigo”, specializing in grilled dishes, serving the best meats from all over the world.
(You will be taken by van from the Hotel to the Restaurant and back)
Again, you’ll be brought to the HQ and get on the bikes. This time we will make our way down along the coast to Sintra, one of the most beautiful and awe-isnpiring places in Portugal. During our visit we will not only visit the village center, but we will also make a stop by “Cabo da Roca”, the westernmost cape in continental Europe, and a famous destination for Portuguese bikers.
After lunch, we head back to Alcobaça, but along the way we will climb up Montejunto, the tallest mountain in the west region, from where we will be able to spot some of the places where we have been on this trip, almost 100km away.
Once in Alcobaça, we get our stuff and say goodbye… for now!
What is included
- Full board: Accommodation (Single room), gastro-dinner and breakfast (x2), lunch (x2)
- 2 days Motorcycle rental with 3rd party insurance
- Transfers to and from “Caldas da Rainha” or “Alcobaça”
- Gift pack including Jarvis Jersey to wear during the trip
- Expert guide present at all times (English and Portuguese speaker)
- All fuel and tolls throughout the trip
- Basic Personal insurance
- Protection equipment: Helmet, boots, armor + knee pads + gloves
- Waterproof overalls
- Rent the bike for extra days
- Special transfers to Lisbon or extra accommodation: Please contact us
- Minimal protection equipment: Helmet, boots, armor/armored vest, gloves and kneepads (or rent it from us)
- Driver’s license ← No license no bike, sorry guys!
- Mandatory protection equipment: Helmet, boots, armor + knee pads + gloves (or rent it from us)
- Waterproof overalls or waterproof riding gear (or rent it from us)
- Basic riding apparel à (pants + jacket + extra jersey/tshirt (or rent/buy it from us)
- Set of practical clothing to use for dinner (shirt+pants+snickers/shoes)
- 1 fleece, sweater or not too bulky jacket (something warm for the short night walks)
- Underwear + socks (socks get sweaty inside the boots so definitely bring a pair per day)
- Your personal hygiene kit
- Travel insurance with repatriation
- Small medical kit comprising: Aspirins/paracetamol/some form of pain killer /Lip salve/Sun cream
- Energy tablets to chew during the days
- A sense of humour!