About This Tour
The Southern territories are known for its vastness, and so long days on the saddle await us…but not too long, as we want to properly enjoy the sunsets with a beer in hand!
Along this trip we all ride through a few of the most beautiful and significant Portuguese landmarks: Nazaré with it’s record braking surfable waves, Obidos Castle, the Alentejo grazing plains, the Alqueva dam, the Monsaraz Castle, The St. Domingos abandoned mine complex, and Odeceixe (the hallmark of the Vicentina Coastline).
Let us take you along this ~900km selection of charming countryside roads and picturesque dirt trails and visit handpicked locations you’d never see otherwise. An experience you will NEVER forget!
Day 1: - Transfer + Warming up training tour
(120km, 30% scenic off road)
Early Morning: Transfer from Lisbon to the Jarvis Headquarters in Alcobaça (1h15m drive), meet the team, the tour guide and your fantastic new steed, the 2022 Husqvarna Norden 901.
We will then ride out onto some awesome “welcoming trails” (On and OFF road) around the region, have lunch by the sea in S. Martinho, and then a short visit to Obidos Castle and the ancient salt mines of Rio Maior. Along the way we will get to know each-other a little better, have the first glimpse of Portuguese beauty, and take some time to learn some essential off-road riding skills that will certainly be very useful in the next few days.
There will be a group dinner in the evening and a good night of sleep in a local lodging in Alcobaça.
Day 2 - Alcobaça to Monsaraz
(240km, 30% scenic off road)
Heading South-East across the Serra de Aire, and over the Tejo River, we will make our way to Monsaraz, a Castle situated right in the middle of the vast artificial lakes created by the Alqueva dam, one of the most beautiful and sought out regions in Portugal, known for its typical “Alentejo” gastronomy, for star gazing and of course, the beauty of the views. We will enter the castle literally from the back-door, using the long forgotten medieval road only off-road vehicles have access to, and then have dinner and sleep inside the very walls of this awe-inspiring structure.
Day 3 - Monsaraz to Odeceixe
(240km, 30% scenic off road)
Today we head South at first, towards the fortified city of Mértola, but instead of yet again visiting another castle, we take the dirt trails and go to the St. Domingo Mineral mines, an abandoned complex so quaint and otherworldly that we simply couldn’t miss.
After the visit, and after taking 20 thousands pictures fooling around with the bikes in this picturesque playground, we will head West towards the Vicentina Coastline, more precisely to Odeceixe, a coastal village hanging on a cliff facing the sunset, where the waters of the Seixe river meet the Atlantic ocean
Day 4: - Odeceixe to Alcobaça + Transfer
(260km, 30% scenic off road)
We will wake up with the sound of the waves hitting the shore, as in saying goodbye to our short visit. After breakfast we will make our way back to Alcobaça up the world famous Vicentina Coast line, around Lisbon and back to the mixed trails of Ribatejo.
If all goes well, we will still have time to climb up Montejunto, the tallest mountain in the west region, from where we will be able to spot some of the places where we have been on this trip, almost 100km away.
By the end of the day we will reach Alcobaça and the end of the tour.
What is included
Full board: Accomodation (Twin shared room), dinner and breakfast (x2), lunch (x3)
- Full board: Accomodation (Twin shared room), dinner and breakfast (x3), lunch (x4)
- 4 days Motorcycle rental (2022 Husqvarna Norden 901) with 3rd party insurance
- Transfers to and from “Caldas da Rainha” or “Alcobaça”
- Gift pack including Jarvis Jersey to wear during the trip
- Expert guide present at all times (English, Spanish and Portuguese speaker)
- All fuel and tolls throughout the trip
- Basic Personal insurance
- Protection equipment: Helmet, boots, armor + knee pads + gloves
- Waterproof overalls
- Rent the bike for extra days
- Special transfers to Lisbon or extra accommodation: Please contact us
- Returnable deposit: 1500€
- Minimal protection equipment: Helmet, boots, armor/armored vest, gloves and kneepads (or rent it from us)
- Strong sense of humor and good mood
- Driver’s license ← No license no bike, sorry guys!
The bikes will be equipped with 2 x 15L soft bags, so plenty of room for the required personal effects for this trip. All extra unnecessary luggage can stay back in Alcobaça in Jarvis headquarters.
- Waterproof overalls or waterproof riding gear (or buy it from us)
- Basic riding apparel; Pants + jacket + extra jersey/tshirt (or rent/buy it from us)
- Set of practical clothing to use for dinner (shirt+pants+snickers/shoes)
- 1 fleece, sweater or not too bulky jacket (something warm for the short night walks)
- Underwear + socks (socks get sweaty inside the boots so definitely bring a pair per day)
- Your personal hygiene kit
- Travel insurance with repatriation
- Small medical kit comprising: Aspirins/paracetamol/some form of pain killer /Lip salve/Sun cream
- Energy tablets to chew during the days